I think pretty much 100% of people agree that you can't go wrong with Italian sausage and pasta. This recipe is great for whipping up a quick dinner on a weeknight that also tastes like restaurant quality. It has the perfect amount of spice from the Hot Italian Sausage that's combated with mild creamy tomato sauce and the perfect bite of al dente pasta. My favorite sausage to use in this recipe is hands-down Logan's Hot Italian Sausage. Not only is the flavor delicious, but it also has no preservatives, nitrates, or MSG. The sausage is made from high quality whole muscle meat, and you can tell that this sausage is a cut above when you cook with it. Their Hot Italian Sausage just completes this dish perfectly in my opinion!
Spicy Italian Sausage Pasta
Natasha from saltandlavender.com
This spicy Italian sausage pasta is fast, easy, and uses minimal ingredients.
10.6 ounces Logan's Hot Italian Sausages crumbled
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 (14 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoeswith juices
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 large leaves basil sliced/torn into small pieces
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Take the sausage meat out of the casings and crumble it into a deep skillet. Cook it for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat until browned.
- Once the sausage is browned, take it out of the pan and set it aside. Drain the fat.
- Add the garlic, followed by the chicken broth to the skillet. Sprinkle the flour in. Whisk it until the flour has dissolved, and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook this mixture until it's significantly reduced (should only take a minute or two in total).
- Add in the tomatoes, cream, and the sausage meat. Cook the sauce for a few more minutes until it's thickened to your liking. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Just prior to serving, add in the torn basil leaves and then toss with the drained pasta. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.